The Keto Grilled Cheese Chaffle Sandwich is amazingly delicious!
Who else here misses a good old fashioned grilled cheese sandwich? Well there’s no need to give up one of your favorite childhood lunches – this Keto Grilled Cheese Chaffle is simple to make and is the perfect Keto comfort food for you or your family. Also a great Keto option for picky kids! It’ll be easy to remain committed to your low-carb diet with this Keto version of a grilled cheese sandwich.
You’ll only need a few ingredients: an egg, some mozzarella cheese, a couple slices of American cheese, baking powder (optional) and some butter. I also added bacon to my grilled cheese sandwich but this is optional as well. Most of you Keto dieters are probably already experts at cooking bacon, but for anyone looking for guidance on the best ways to prep your bacon (stovetop, baking, or microwave), check out my Keto BLT Chaffle post for these details.
You’ll start off by making a couple Chaffles, using your Mini Waffle Maker and following the steps in the Recipe below. Then you’ll finish off this grilled cheese in a skillet, searing the chaffle over some butter to give it a nice firm texture resembling traditional toast and to melt your cheese.
This Keto Grilled Cheese Chaffle will be ready in 10 minutes following the easy steps below. I hope you enjoy this Keto Grilled Cheese as much as I did!
If you don’t yet own a Mini Waffle ‘Chaffle’ maker, you can get yours on Amazon now by clicking right here!
Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Slices of Yellow American Cheese
- 2-3 Slices of Cooked Bacon
- 1 Tsp of Butter
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder (optional)
- Step 1 Prepare 3 slices of bacon and cut in half to fit on your chaffles.
- Step 2 Preheat the Mini Waffle maker by plugging it in.
- Step 3 To make your Chaffle mix, crack an egg into a small bowl and mix with 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 a tsp of Baking Powder (optional, for crispier texture). This mix will make 2 Chaffles.
- Step 4 Pour 1/2 the mix into the pre-heated Chaffle maker and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove the Chaffle and repeat by pouring the other half of the mix into your Chaffle maker and cooking for 4 minutes. Ensure you unplug the Mini waffle maker when done.
- Step 6 Layer your 2 slices of American cheese and bacon slices in between your chaffles.
- Step 7 Next melt a tsp of butter onto a skillet then add your Grilled Cheese sandwich to the pan. Fry for a couple minutes on each side covered, until chaffle browns and cheese has melted.
- Step 8 Slice your chaffle sandwich in half and your Keto Grilled Cheese is now ready to serve!
Can’t remember all the Keto rules? This Keto cheat sheet has EVERYTHING you need to know. Get yours now at KetoHealing’s Etsy Shop.
Looking for more Chaffle recipes? Get KetoHealing’s Printable Keto Chaffle Recipe List to display right on your fridge!
No time to prep a meal? See below for some easy snacks or refer to my 28 Easy Keto Snacks on the Go post for more ideas.
Need help getting started on Keto? Take a look at my How to Get Into Ketosis post for getting started tips, grocery lists, easy meal planning and more!